You are at home » directory » district library, Rohtak
District Library, Rohtak
The Library came into existence in 1969 and formally started its services from 14th July, 1971. It was started in a rented building at Babra Mohalla, Bada Bazaar and contined there till 1973. Then it was shifted to Zila Parishad Building. It was shifted to the present building in the year 1999, which has been alotted to it by the local administration. Land has been allotted to the library for construction of its own building at Mansrovar Park.
The libraray Building is two storey. On the ground floor are the Main Reading Hall, Office and Technical Section.
The Ist Floor is occupied by Stack Room, Circulation Desk and Librarian's Room
The city of Rohtak is located on NH 10 and is 71 Kms from Delhi. The library is located near the HUDA complex (A busy market) in the Aryanagar area and is behind the ZAD Institute.
The Chronological List of Librarians,
- Mr S.D. Tripathi from 14.7.1971 to 1.9.1973
- Mr S.K. Vats from 16.9.1973 to 15.3.1974
- Mr B.S. Ahlawat from 16.3.1974 to 17.7.1982
- Mr R.S. Sharma from 18.7.1982 to 14.8.1986
- Mr J.B. Kaushik from 15.8.1986 to 27.7.1987
- Mr B.S. Ahlawat from 28.7.1987 to 20.5.1980
- Mr J.B. Kaushik from 21.5.1980 to 7.9.1993
- Mr B.S. Ahlawat from 8.9.1993 to 11.3.1997
- Mr K.S. Dahiya from 28.6.1997 to 3.7.1998
- Mr M.L. Arora from 8.7.1998 to 25.9.2001
- Mr V.P. Yadav from 25.9.2001 to April 2006
The library has following posts:
|Sr.No.||Designation||No. of Posts|
The library has a collection of more than 38,000 books. The collection abounds in literature and apart from English almost all the Indian languages are covered.
The library has more than 2900 registered members till now.
- Adults Rs 500(Refundable) + Fee Rs 10(Non-Refundable)
- Children Rs 100
The library has Five computers and is making use of SOUL software, though the retro-conversion is still going on.
Working Days and Work Hours
The library opens for public from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
The library remains closed on Fridays and last Saturday of every month and all the gazetted holidays.
Near General Manager (Telecom) Office,
Rohtak (Hr.) 124001.
Phone: +91 1262 255 399
© 2008-2017 PunLib
All Rights Reserved ((Read Best View))