You are at home » directory » district library, pali
Rajkya Sarvajanik Zila Pustakalya (District Library), Pali
Pali is district headquarter of Pali District. The town has a long history dating back to pre-historic period. Pallika and Palli are the older names. The region finds mention in literature of almost all the ages i.e. Mahabharata, Kusana, Muslim invasions and British occupation etc.
The library was established on 19th April, 1956 in a rented building in the Udaipuri Awaas area. Later the library was shifted to another location called Gandhi Murti Bhawan, opposite to Geeta Bhawan. The library got its own building on 3rd November, 1977 from where it is offering its services till date.
The library has a single storey but spacious building. The building has a Reading Room, Stack Room, Children's Section, Computer Room, Librarian's Room, Office and Public Conveniences.
Pali lies in the Mewar region on the bank of the River Bandi. It is located at a distance of about 560 Kms from national capital New Delhi and 300 Kms from state capital Jaipur.
The library is located on the Madia Road, near the Veterinary Hospital, backside the Pali Museum. It is near the Old Bus Stand and about 2 Kms from the new bus stand and about 3 Kms from the railway station.
The chronological list of Librarians who headed this library is as under,
Librarians Grade II
- Mr Amar Datt from 29.10.1956 to 03.04.1957
- Mr H.U. Khan from 04.04.1957 to 09.03.1958
- Mh. Ramzan from 10.03.1958 to 03.01.1961
- Mr N.K. Srivastav from 04.01.1961 to 15.06.1961
- Mh. Ramzan from 27.05.1961 to 26.06.1963
- Mr Vijay Raj Mathur from 13.08.1963 to 11.06.1964
- Mr Hari Singh from 12.06.1964 to 29.11.1964
- Mr Vijay Raj Mathur from 30.11.1964 to 21.07.1965
- Mr Prabhu Singh from 22.07.1965 to 12.07.1967
- Mr Anand Raj Bohra from 13.07.1967 to 23.08.1971
- Mr Nazir Mohammad from 24.08.1971 to 20.09.1973
- Mr Manahar Kalla from 21.09.1973 to 26.09.1987
- Mr Roshan Lal Mathur from 28.09.1987 to 16.08.1988
- Mr Manahar Kalla from 17.08.1988 to 31.07.1996
- Mr Rochi Ram Sambhawani from 08.07.1996 to 16.07.1999
Librarian Grade I
- Prem Prakash Pareek from 15.07.1999 to Present
The library has following posts:
|Sr.No.||Designation||No. of Posts|
|1||Librarian||Mr Prem Prakash Pareek|
The library has a rich collection of 47,000+ books. The whole collection has been divided into many general and special collections arranged according to DDC-19 classification scheme with a bound register catalogue. The process of automation is underway using E-pustakalya.
The library subscribes to 14 newspapers in English & Hindi and 72 magazines.
The prominent newspapers subscribed by the library are:
|Sr.No.||Name of Newspaper||Language|
|12||Times of India||English|
The library has around 300 registered active members for this session.
The library offers membership for a period of one session (1st April to 31st March) and is renewable thereafter. A refundable security of Rs 500/- needs to be paid at the time of Ist registration by outsiders in the absence of any quranttee from a local authority. This secutiry is carried forward during periodical renewals. The membership fee is as under,
- Adults Rs 50
- Students Rs 20
- Senior Citizens Rs 15
The library has two computers with internet facility. The automation of library operations is underway.
The library remains closed on every Tuesday. The library timings vary according to the season.
- Summer (Ist April to 30th September) 12:00 noon to 8:00 pm
- Winter (Ist October to 31st March) 11:00 am to 7:00 pm
Rajkya Saravajanik Zila Pustakalya (District Library),
Near Veterinary Hospital,
Phone: +91 2932 222 081
© 2008-2023 PunLib
All Rights Reserved ((Read Best View))