You are at home » directory » district library, sikar
Rajkya Sarvajanik Zila Pustakalya (District Library), Sikar
The library was established on March, 1956. It had a very humble beginning with few hundard books and had to move through many rented buildings. It was functional from a rented building in the main market since 1964. On 11 January, 2010 it was shifted to its own newly constructed building on the Sanwali Road.
The library has an single storey building covering an area of 3150 square feet. The building has a reading room, stack room area, Librrian's room, office, children's section and reference section.
The library is located on the Sanwali Road, near the Veterinary Hospital. It is about 1.5 Kms from the city bus stand and around 3 Kms from the city railway station.
Chronological list of librarians who headed the library since its establishment,
- Mr Kailash Mohan Mathur from 12.03.1956 to 15.02.1957
- Mr Abdul Adeem Khan from 15.02.1957 to 05.06.1958
- Mr Shanti Lal Jain from 06.06.1958 to 31.01.1959
- Mr Sawal Ram Gupta from 03.08.1959 to 29.09.1967
- Mr Amir Ali Khan from 03.08.1959 to 31.07.1981
- Mr Hardev Singh Rohila from 04.09.1982 to 25.11.1983
- Mr Jagdish Prashad Varma from 04.04.1984 to 23.02.1993
- Mr Prem Kumar Chauhan from 23.02.1993 to 28.10.2000
- Mr Sawanmal Khichar from 31.10.2000 to 27.02.2004
- Mr Girwar Singh from 28.02.2004 to 22.08.2005
- Mr Chander Singh from 27.07.2005 to present
The library has following posts:
|Sr.No.||Designation||No. of Posts|
The library has rich collection of 48600+ books. The whole collection has been divided into many general and special collections arranged according to DDC-19 classification scheme with CCC catalogue. The process of automation is underway using E-pustakalya.
The library subscribes to 11 newspapers in English & Hindi and 45 magazines.
The prominent newspapers subscribed by the library are:
|Sr.No.||Name of Newspaper||Language|
The library has around 312 registered active members for this session.
The library offers membership for a period of one session (1st April to 31st March) and is renewable thereafter. A refundable security of Rs 500 needs to be paid at the time of Ist registration by outsiders in the absence of any quranttee from a local authority. This secutiry is carried forward during periodical renewals. The the membership fee is as under,
- Adults Rs 50 (form price Rs 2 extra)
- Children (5-14 years) Rs 50 (form price Rs 2 extra)
The library has three computers. The automation of library operations is underway. The library is connected through internet. Photocopy facility is avilable for the library users at the rate of Rs 1/page.
The library remains closed on every Tuesday. The library timings vary according to the season.
- Summer (Ist April to 30th September) 12:00 noon to 8:00 pm
- Winter (Ist October to 31st March) 11:00 am to 7:00 pm
Rajkya Saravajanik Zila Pustakalya (District Library),
Near Veterinary Hospital,
Phone: +91 1572 255 393
Fax: +91 1572 255 393
© 2008-2023 PunLib
All Rights Reserved ((Read Best View))